ABOUT INDUS COLLEGE OF NURSING & MIDWIFERY
Indus College of Nursing & Midwifery formerly known as Islamic Mission Trust School of Nursing, is the first academic unit of Indus University of Health Sciences. The College offers programs of nursing at diploma to undergraduate level.
- 1994 | Started with a group of 35 female students to undergo 3 Years’ General Nursing program.
- 1995 | Pakistan Nursing Council granted recognition to the College.
- 1996 | First lamp lighting ceremony held at the College with first cohort of the students.
- 1997 | First cohort of students graduated from the General Nursing program.
- 1997 | Midwifery training initiated for Post RN graduates.
- 1998 | Students from the Midwifery training program secured 1st and 3rd positions in Sindh Nurses Examination Board.
- 1998 | First cohort of 25 male students enrolled in the College on self-finance basis.
- 2002 | One-year Foundation Course started on self-finance basis. Students qualifying with good grades were inducted in the General Nursing program.
- 2003 | One-year Nurse Aid Course started on self-finance basis.
- 2004 | 18-months Pupil Midwifery Course started on self-finance basis.
- 2007 | Ms. Amtul Anis, Director, College of Nursing was inducted as member in the Sindh Nurses Examination Board.
- 2009 | BScN Generic and Post RN Midwifery programs initiated.
- 2014 | Post RN BScN and Post RN Pediatric Oncology programs initiated