The Universal Health Coverage (UHC) goals which all nations have
pledged to target globally,requires capable multidisciplinary teams
to work together at all levels of health care. Availability of
effective primary care services is associated with better health
outcomes andits’provision through a well-netted network of
healthcare professionals is the need of hour.
Indus Hospital and Health network is the only healthcare organization in Pakistan with an established model of primary healthcare. This network is enabled through public-private partnerships, with a multidisciplinary team comprising of family medicine specialists, allied health, public and community health experts.
The Indus College of Family Medicine and Public Health under the Indus University of Health Sciences has been launched to provide a platform for teaching and training of primary care practitioners.These professionals can therefore work together to improve public health outcomes through provision of preventive, diagnostic, curative and rehabilitative health care to individuals and communities.
The college will lead for capacity building, collaboration and
integration of family medicine, primary care and public health
specialties, to provide evidence based, high quality, community
oriented basic healthcare with advanced professional and ethical
To develop leadership in community healthcare through teaching and training family physicians, general practitioners, public health practitioners and healthcare researchers; bridging the gap and bringing together various stakeholders to strengthen and enhance quality of primary health care.
- Teamwork approach - Collaboration between trained family physicians and public health experts including nursing and allied health professionals, supporting each other to enhance quality of primary healthcare in the community and general population.
- Integrity - Provision of care within the boundaries of medical ethics.
- Professionalism - To provide high quality care and evidence based best practices.
- Respect - Respecting all health care professionals, colleagues and patients.
- Compassion - Working with zeal and dedication towards strengthening of primary healthcare.
- Optimism and hope - Working together with a positive attitude towards improving the well-being of individuals, families and general population.
Prof. Zafar Zaidi
Chief Executive Officer and Dean IUHS
Prof. Faridah Amin
Director and Principal Indus College of Family medicine and Public Health
Prof Riaz Qureshi
Professor of Family Medicine and advisor to CEO, IHHN
Prof. Valery Wass Chair
Professor of Medical Education in Primary Care at University of Aberdeen
Professor Kay Mohanna
Professor of Values Based Healthcare Education at the University of Worcester
Prof. Ahmed Rashid
Vice Dean International for the UCL Faculty of Medical Sciences
Prof. Saima Perwaiz Iqbal
HOD Community Medicine and Family Medicine, Shifa International Islamabad
Prof. Michael Kidd
Professor of Primary Care Reform, Australian National University.
On Going Program
- Family Medicine Practice Training (FMPT) – Admission is in process.
- MRCGP INT Structured Training – Admissions Open
- Bachelor in Public Health – Admission closed for 2023.