ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ORIENTATION CLASS BS NURSING BATCH 2020 – 2024
A very warm welcome to our BSN Students of 2020-2024 at Indus College of Nursing & Midwifery (ICONM) for an orientation class. Orientation plan copy of the two pages is attached (Orientation Plan Pdf)
For Female Students orientation class is on 18th January 2021 and for Male students, the orientation class is on 19th January 2021 to maintain COVID-19 SOPs.
In this regard, all the students are requested to follow the following guidelines:
You all are requested to come along with your original CNIC/B-Form, Matric Certificate, and FSC Mark sheet.
We aim to continue with our usual high standards of teaching, while maintaining a healthy and safe environment for the entire ICONM community. As we gradually resume on-campus activities, each of us must play our part to keep our community safe.
SOPs TO BE FOLLOWED BY ALL STUDENTS AT CAMPUS
Before Arriving on Campus
Follow all safety protocols listed below including:
- Entry to ICONM without a face mask will be denied.
- Avoid entering in groups. Students entering on foot should maintain a distance of 3-6 feet with one another.
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizers are recommended. Students are encouraged to make use of sanitizers placed around the campus and sanitize their hands frequently.
- Wear a face mask in indoor and outdoor settings.
- Maintain social/physical distancing of 2 meters in classrooms, laboratories, libraries, cafeterias, offices, corridors, staircases, and lifts.
- Use only the designated entrances and exits which are clearly marked.
- Maintain good hygiene practices. Use a hand sanitizer or wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Dry hands before leaving the bathroom.
- Use a tissue or the crook of your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep your face covered at crowded places.
- Do not share food and drinks.
- Advanced booking/appointments must be made by the students to avoid rush outside faculty and administrative offices.
For Classrooms, Cafeteria, Prayer Area, E-Learning Resource Center, Skill Lab, and Library:
- Removal of mask is permitted only for the duration of meals, but it must be put back on soon after the meal is over.
- If the cafeteria is at full capacity, students must not try and enter. They must wait patiently for their turn to enter or use another cafeteria.
- Students must avoid unnecessary touching of surfaces as much as possible. Immediately after adjusting their chairs or tables before eating their meals, students are requested to sanitize their hands.
- Do not crowd inside the Prayer Area.
- Maintain social distancing protocol when offering prayers.
- The prayer area will be disinfected regularly. However, ideally, the students should carry their own prayer mat.
- All students must respect seating arrangements at every location across both campuses.
- All chairs and seating arrangements within the Classrooms, Cafeterias, Library, and E-Learning Resource Center will be placed at 3 feet between occupants.
- Students must always wear face masks during lectures.
In case you have flu and/or exhibit Covid-19 symptoms, avoid coming to the campus and remain under observation at your residence. If condition persists or escalates, then visit a doctor.
If you feel unwell or develop flu-like symptoms during your stay at the campus, immediately report to the Clinic for a checkup, and follow the strict instruction.
It is essential that all students comply with the guidelines. A strict compliance to the SOPs is needed to limit the spread of COVID-19.
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES IN BS NURSING BATCH 2020 – 2024
All the selected candidates are informed to complete the below-mentioned admission process latest by 23rd December 2020:
- Submit your admission fee
- Submit the medical assessment reports including the following lab results.
- Chest X-Ray
- Urine DR
- Hepatitis B & C
- Medical Fitness certificate
- Latest Photographs 16
- Four sets of the following documents:
- Matric Marksheet
- Matric Certificate
- FSc Marksheet
- FSc Certificate
- Domicile and PRC
- CNIC / B. Form of candidate
- CNIC Father/Guardian
- CNIC Reference person
- Migration certificate in case of other than Karachi Board
- An undertaking according to the provided draft in Rupees 50 Stamp Paper Undertaking Draft.
Admission will only be confirmed on the completion/submission of the above-mentioned requirements. If a candidate fails to complete the admission process by 23rd December 2020, his/her admission will be canceled and the seat will be offered to another candidate on the waiting list. Visit to ICONM admission cell during office hours only to submit your documents.
Orientation Classes will commence after January 11, 2021.
BSN ENTRY TESTEntry test has been conducted on october,31,2020.
ENTRY TEST UPDATE
SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE AND SCHEDULE OF INTERVIEWThe Indus College of Nursing & Midwifery is thankful to all candidates who applied for admission in BS Nursing program and showed their interest and trust. On the basis of the entry test and organizational admission policy, the candidates have been shortlisted for the interview. The interviews are scheduled between 23rd November 2020 – 26th November 2020. Kindly see the uploaded list and the schedule of interview:
- Candidates must be present at Indus College of Nursing & Midwifery 30mins prior to their scheduled interview time.
- Candidates must bring their original CNIC / B-form & Paid Challan.
- Wearing face mask is mandatory. No candidate will be allowed to enter without face mask.
- All candidates must maintain a social distance (1.5 m) in the gathering areas.
- All information submitted through online application should be supported by the provision of copies of relevant documents, transcripts, and certificates. Any information will not be considered valid if an official proof/document is missing.
- The College reserves the right to select the best suitable candidates for its undergraduate programs. Decisions related to admission taken by the college are final.
- The application fee is not refundable in any case. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to provide complete and correct information as per eligibility criteria to the College. Applications without complete and correct information or documents and not fulfilling the eligibility criteria will not be considered for processing.
- The College reserves the right to change dates and deadlines for admissions. Please keep informed of any changes by visiting iuhs.org.pk/iconm/.
- All applicants to Indus College of Nursing and Midwifery (ICoNM) are held to the same admissions standards and evaluated on the same criteria.